LUJ | Legal Upanishad Journal
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
LUJ invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and Law students in the following categories:
- Short Articles: (1200-3000 words, including footnotes) Essays/short articles are more focused on a certain subject and give new viewpoints and critical insights on the chosen topic. They give easily identified arguments and may provide alternative methods of conceptualising the chosen problem.
- Long Articles / Research Paper: (3000-6500 words, including footnotes) Submissions in this area are intended to engage fully with the concept and literature of a certain topic. This category also accepts theoretical works.
- Book Reviews: (1200-3000 words, including footnotes) A book review is a description and evaluation of a book. It examines the book’s content, style, merit, aim, substance, and authority.
- Case Comments: (1000-3000 words, including footnotes) A case comment allows the author to comment on a recent/historical judicial decision, legislation, or upcoming bill.
Manuscripts not in conformity with the Submission Guidelines may be rejected at the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board reserves the right to send the manuscripts back to the authors for any modification(s) at any stage, in the event of non-conformity with any of the submission guidelines.
I. Instruction for authors
- Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 3 people is permitted.
- Authors are requested not to put their names anywhere in the main manuscript.
- All works must be original and unpublished, plagiarism should be less than 20% and must not be pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification for publication in LUJ.
- The Authors shall be completely liable for any dispute emerging from my/our work, including copyright, defamation, objectionable content, or contempt, and undertake to bear any losses incurred as a result of breaching copyright or other rights.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
- The title of the article, the names of the authors, and their institutional affiliation should appear on the first page of the manuscript, followed by an abstract.
- The main body of the manuscript should start on the second page.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman style, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman Style, Size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Texts and footnotes should conform to the Harvard Bluebook [20TH EDITION].
III. How to submit?
The Legal Upanishad Journal (LUJ) will only accept submissions after filling the form provided here. All the Entries must be submitted in (.doc or .docx) format. Fulfil the eligibility criteria and format your papers as per the above guidelines and submit your papers below.
Note: Please keep in mind that once submitted, the paper becomes the property of LUJ. Articles approved for publication may now be cross-published or republished. The author(s)’ prior consent is not required for such cross-publishing/republishing.
Contact us: All correspondence and queries may be addressed to: email@example.com